Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fine Art Boudoir Photography ~ Tip #5

Tip#5 ~ Getting In Shape for Your Session

We all have heard about the many, many benefits of doing Yoga on a regular basis, but I am now discovering first hand just how rewarding the Yoga experience can be! For those of you who are interested in some exercise techniques that will help you look your best for your Fine Art Boudoir Photography session - read on to lean about Life Yoga and the benefits of Yoga. I will continue to post a couple of times a month so that you all can share in my journey and also will pass along some tips on how to do Yoga on your own as I learn them.

Happy reading!

Today was my third class with Hillary Wright, Owner of Life Yoga. I am so excited to be blogging about my Life Yoga journey and marking my progress so that I can share the benefits of Yoga with so many people!

Class today was the best yet because I really could feel that my body was responding so well. I can notice such a progression from my first class up until now and it is more than encouraging! After the first class, I will admit that I was so sore for about 5 days. That is from the embarrassing fact that I have really not been nice to my body since the birth of the my first son almost 6 years ago (has it really been that long!?)

Then, after my second class the recovery time was brought down to only about 2-3 days. After only two classes I noticed such an amazing difference! For those of you who are fellow shutterbugs, you know the soreness and overall fatigue that sets in the day after shooting a full coverage wedding. Last weekend I shot the amazing Brook and Heath’s wedding and the next day woke up not feeling any of the usual aches and pains (even in my hands) that I normally feel after a full day of shooting! This was so encouraging and exciting for me that after only two classes, my body was already doing so great!

One thing I have also noticed since I have begun classes with Hillary is that I am more aware of my body for a lack of a better explanation. I am much more aware of my muscles (even the ones that I didn’t know existed until a few weeks ago!) and often find my self subconsciously stretching and wanting to do Yoga on my days when I don’t have class.

In two weeks I will be taking the jump from one class per week to two. I highly recommend for those of you who are new to Yoga to begin with only one class per week so that you can slowly allow your body to adjust to the idea of Yoga. I can’t wait until next week’s class!

If you would like to learn more about how to arrange private Yoga lessons or how to set up a class for a group of fans or co-workers, you can become a Facebook Fan or log on to Hillary's website or blog.

For those of you who would like to book a session with Hillary in preparation for an upcoming Fine Art Boudoir Photography session, you will receive a 10% off of both your session and products purchased after your session!

~Sarah

Hillary Wright, Owner of Life Yoga
Photobucket

1 comment:

Crysta Mishele said...

I have very much noticecd that from doing yoga, it allows you to release stress in a very positive way, and I know that I could not workout in the way that I do if I did not take a day or two a week to do Yoga. Great job on kicking it up to two classes a week girl!

Christa